Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

September 19, 2011

Our Weekend in Numbers

0. Number of books on CD that Casey and I listened to on our car ride over to Pflugerville. We ALWAYS listen to a book when we are traveling, but for some reason this time I decided we didn't need one for the short drive. My decision was met with a firm pouty face from my husband, but he survived.
1. The place that Emily holds in her big brothers heart. You should have seen how sweet Noah was being to her this weekend, lots of un-prompted kisses and snuggling. Such a good boy
2. Number of precious little baby girls who got baptized on Sunday at Liz and Mike's Church. Both of them had such cute little dresses on and they made the whole congregation say "ahhh"
3. Number of burp cloths I estimate that Emily went through before church
4. Number of bags of Candy corn that my mom bought me. Candy corn is my favorite candy of all time and she always spoils me this time of year with gifts of sugar :)
5. Number of pictures you will find below documenting our fun weekend
6. Number of football games we watched yesterday - gosh I love Football Season!
7. Number of hours I got to sleep before Noah woke me up to watch a movie at 7:18am. Don't get me wrong, this was a great accomplishment for him to sleep in this late, but after staying up late visiting with the family the night before, Aunt Kristi was a bit tired. (note: my husband stayed in bed until 9:30 - lucky dog!)
8. Number of pieces of cake that I wanted to eat at my sister's house yesterday (but refrained!) We both LOVE butter cream frosting and the cake they ordered in celebration of Emily's baptism was covered in it. Mmmmmmm.....
9. Number of people who slept over at Liz and Mike's on Saturday. Thank you guys for hosting everyone and also for having a big enough house to do so!
10. The score I would give for this weekend (based on a scale of one to ten obviously) We had a great time visiting with everyone this weekend - It was great to see Mike's family as well as the Laneman's. Also, it was a great reminder of the blessings that God has given us. When we were sitting in church together as a family I was struck with how often I fail to thank Him for everyday blessings like that. The fact that we were all able to come together and honor Emily was so special and warming to the soul.
11. Number of times I had to hand Emily off to my mom. Don't get me wrong : She is a good baby, but when she gets mad, she is MAD. And Aunt Kristi tends to get flustered when I can't make her happy... plus my mom has a crazy magic touch on children and can make them stop crying in an insta-second.
12. Number of Dinosaurs that Noah can name by memory. (like the full scientific name, not the short-cut names that people usually say like "t-Rex") He can also tell you if they are meat eaters or plant eaters. Probably the cutest thing ever.
And last, but not least....30. Number of points the Texas Aggies scored over Idaho in the game on Saturday. Whoop! We are SOOO excited to be in town this weekend to be able to go to the game. We play Oklahoma State - first conference game so its going to be an important one to win.

And here are the promised pictures:

This is Noah's Life right now- Dinosaurs! Dinosaurs! Dinosaurs!

Uncle Thomas holding Emily - you can tell she adores him already!
Noah giving his little sister a sweet kiss on the cheek
Look at that pretty girl in her pretty dress!

Noah did so great for the pictures! Thanks Buddy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment