Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

September 22, 2011

Married Life is the Bomb

Me and the Man of my Dreams
Warning : If you don't want to read some major cheesy-ness : please skip this post. Enjoy the cute picture above and then press the red X in the upper right hand corner of your screen. But if you feel like indulging me, read on....
.
.
.
Oh good! I'm glad you stayed!
So, it occurred to me recently that Married life is soooooo great. (imagine me saying that in a totally valley-girl accent) "Like, uh, soooooo great!"
The second revelation that I have had is that what makes married life so great is the person to whom I got married to. He spoils me so often and our love is so great that I'm sure I don't acknowledge what a blessing it is way too often. But when I am still for just a few minutes (this rarely happens) and I have a chance to reflect, it's worth a shout of praise! God gave me a good, good spouse. Sometimes when things are so good, you forget to say "thank you" You just bounce down the golden road and smile like you are in a parade, and if you are like me, we sometimes don't acknowledge those every-day blessings. Well that stops today. So here it is: I'm shouting it from the proverbial mountain top :

Thank you God for my spouse and for my marriage!

Here is what I imagine the Lord saying to everyone who has gone through the whole dating game gamut : "Child, I know you think this person is great, but if you only knew what I had in store for you, you would quit being so stubborn and just drop it."
And so to be on the other side of that it seems so refreshing and fitting to just breath a big sigh of relief and be thankful that we didn't settle. To be thankful we ended up together, to be thankful that we are smart enough to invest in one another. And to be thankful that after over 3 years of being together we still haven't killed each other  :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment