Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

September 2, 2011

Good-bye Dog Days of Summer

Since Labor Day weekend is typically coined the "end of summer" - I want to take this opportunity to thank the Summer of 2011 for all the fun it provided to the hubby and I. Before we get wrapped up in all the wonderful things the Fall provides: cooler weather, FOOTBALL, the holidays... you get the point - let us take a moment to reflect.

Here's a re-cap of how we spent our summer: The Good, the Bad, the Awesome

Lots of Friends got married - always a sweet event to attend!


Lindsey and Adam tied the knot in Dimebox on May 21st

Brad and Misty exchanged vows in College Station on June 25th - Casey was a groomsman (and looked so handsome)




Kelly and Jared had a beautiful Wedding in Katy on August 6th - I was a bridesmaid (and honored to be so) - it was so good to see all my favorite Angleton gals too!


With the wonderful nuptials of these fabulous friends came the showers and the bachelor/bachelorette parties - oh the fun we had! Casey headed to Vegas for Brad's bachelor party and I got to have a wonderful girls night with Kelly and her other friends in Houston.

Seeing all of our friends get married was a great reminder of our own vows as we celebrated our 2 year anniversary on June 27. The second year seemed to be much more calm than the first. Not so much moving, and big life changes - more getting in sync with one another and dialing up our obsession with one another.

On July 22nd we welcomed our niece Emily Marie to our family. My sister's second child came more effortlessly than her first. Just noticed I used the word effortlessly while referring to a birth and I apologize for the injustice. But really, Emily came so quickly we didn't even make it into town before she was in her mom and dad's arms! Congrats to Mike, Liz and Noah on their new little family member!


Speaking of nieces, we had our 3 oldest nieces in town for the weekend at the end of July. For those of you who don't know - Casey's sister, Gretchen, has 4 amazing girls. Paige is 13, Carley and Callie are 11 and Kennedy Kate is 6. They are my absolute obsession - maybe because we don't get to see them as often as would be preferred or because they have the best personalities ever. And that's impressive that I can even say that considering they are in their tweens. I wish I was a quarter of the sweet that they are when I was that age. They amaze me. Anyways, the 3 eldest twins were in town and we had a blast watching movies, playing laser tag, having a cupcake competition, and just hanging out together.

We also both celebrated our birthdays this summer. I turned the big 26 and enjoyed dinner and dancing with friends. Casey turned 28 and had a joint pool party celebration with our friend Brad who has a birthday in July as well.





On a not - so - good note, we had the hottest and driest summer that the Brazos Valley has seen since 1917. We literally broke records for the most consecutive days above 100 degrees and longest spans without rain. NOT cool records to break. Our grass has certainly taken a hit and we actually found ourselves having to water our foundation to avoid any cracks. Yes, it was that hot and dry.

Overall a great summer! But I think I am now ready for the crisp mornings where I don't sweat before I get to work... oh how wonderful that will be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment