Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

April 4, 2012

Thirteen Weeks

13 Weeks. baby is the size of a Georgia Peach. Second Trimester!

PHYSICAL CHANGES:
SO Excited that Nausea is still gone. I thank God every time I remember that I am past that phase. I think back over the month between weeks 7-11 and am so relieved to see it go. My husband knows I don't have a very high tolerance for discomfort so I'm pretty proud I made it through without any major meltdowns. Scale says I've only gained another pound, but the way my body is repositioning itself, it feels more like 15. Kind of glad I'm going to be pregnant through the spring and summer because I can already tell that billowy cotton dresses are going to be a life saver at work. (and to my self-esteem)
I will say that I'm pretty peeved off that my energy still hasn't returned. My mom had an AWESOME pregnancy and said she never felt better. All books I've read said your pregnancy will be pretty close to how your mother's was. Bull-hockey. I've had nausea and she didn't have that. And I've been dead tired and she doesn't remember that at all. In fact she was a little concerned at first that I was so tired until I reminded her that is normal for most pregnant people. She then kindly reminded me that I'm so much 'older' than she was when she had her kids so maybe my age is affecting my energy. Thanks mom. love you too! : )
The tiredness is nothing like it was in the first few weeks after I tinkled on that sacred little stick but I'm still not bouncing around like I was hoping I would do when I hit the second trimester. My husband is reporting that he is still very happy to see a more calmed-down-version of his wife.

CRAVINGS: Any.kind.of.food. I just want it and I prefer a large amount. Watermelon is still a staple alongside it's other friends from the produce department, Mr. Apple, Professor Grape and Senor Strawberry.
SWEET BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK: Saw a little boy in my bank lobby today playing on his hand held PlayStation game. He was perfectly content while his parents did their business and I just saw my future flash before my eyes. It's no secret that my husband is a big fan of video games and I know if we have a little boy, Casey will have no trouble passing down his favorite hobby. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment