Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

April 12, 2012

Week Fourteen

Week 14 Baby Z is the size of a Lemon
PHYSICAL CHANGES:
Nothing new really. (Which is a blessing, I would guess) Belly continues to grow, food continues to be delicious and I continue to be dissatisfied with my less than stellar energy level. It's not like I fall asleep at my desk at work or anything... It's just that when you have seen the potential that your body and brain can do at it's peak (say mid-terms in college) and then you live at a sub-par level of that, it gets annoying.
I know my brain can concentrate better than this... It. Just. Won't.
I know I can actually jog at a pretty good pace without getting winded, but I can barely muster a brisk walk without sweating. Gross.
Note: I am walking and using my elliptical about 5 times a week. Determined to have a fit pregnancy and a small sized baby exiting this body. : )

CRAVINGS:
Still stuck on fruits. I love ALL food, but would say I "yearn" for fruits. Lucky for me AND baby!

SWEET BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK:
On Easter Sunday we got to hear the heartbeat of our baby from the comfort of our own couch. One of my sister's good friends is done having babies and gave us a whole bunch of stuff related to pregnancy and postpartum life. One of the fun things was an at-home Doppler device that lets you hear the babies heart beat over a set of earphones. The box says it may not work until 16 weeks, but we could hear our little thumper at 14. First I listened to my own heart so I could see what I was listening for and then we navigated around my belly until we heard the baby!  I counted 170 bpm but Casey says it was more like 150 bpm. Either way it was the coolest thing.
We celebrated our Savior's resurrection and the new life that brings for us. THEN we celebrated the new life created in my belly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment