Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

March 24, 2012

Week Eleven

Probably my most creative board yet.

I am not sticking out my stomach nor sucking it in. this is the real stuff people.


I can't believe I'm almost done with the first trimester. and I'm so relieved to be finally saying that. Good grief! I thought I would never make it. All the food aversions and smells, all the constant nauseousness, all the saltine crackers, all the worries, all the reading... good riddance first trimester! (you big jerk face)

In other exciting baby news : We had our second appointment this week. It was a super rainy day in College Station, but we were anything but gloomy. No sonogram this time, but we did get to hear the baby's heart beat. It was at a whopping 170 bpm. And I thought I was working hard! Casey was there with me and I think he got a better listen to it than I did. I was a little preoccupied with the cold gel on my belly and my pants being down around my waist. Regardless, it was a very sweet moment for all of us.

Now for news on mommy: I'm proud to announce that I only gained 4 lbs in 5 1/2 weeks. Doctor says I'm right on track for a healthy pregnancy weight. I know I am being shamelessly self-centered here, but seriously this whole weight gain thing is a scary thing for me. My sister had a baby that weighed over 9 lbs and she wasn't even over-weight. I am really trying to make sure I have a reasonably sized child at the end of this. (and a reasonably sized rear end wouldn't be bad either) I have to admit I was scared to death going in there, because I could have sworn my scale at home was reporting I gained 8 lbs. So either I've got pregnancy brain and forgot what my starting weight was or my scale is a dirty liar and is out to take me down one self-esteem notch at a time. Who knows..?

Off to Week 12 we go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment