Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

May 25, 2012

Twenty Weeks


PHYSICAL CHANGES: How much time do you have? :)
First and foremost : the belly is really starting to show now! I'm feeling so giddy to finally be entering this phase! No more awkward chubby stage and I am clearly into maternity clothes (which I L.O.V.E.) Seriously, where were this pants after Thanksgiving and Christmas each year??
Starting to pee more as the baby takes up more space, heartburn is rearing it's ugly head and my face continues to break out like a 13 year old. But hey - at least I finally look pregnant!

Overall, the second trimester has delivered all the wonderful things I was promised: energy, nesting and an appetite that should make me ashamed.

CRAVINGS: COLD THINGS! Can't get enough sherbet ice cream, diet cherry limeades from Sonic and Popsicles.  Ice cold water is a must as well. I even have cold turkey sandwiches for lunch. My body temperature hasn't even gone up yet (knock on wood) it's just that cold things are so satisfying to me. Doing my best to buy all the sugar free and diet frozen foods I can so that I can still fit through a door in October.

SWEET BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK: So many sweet things have happened now that we found out our little baby is a girl!
  1. To coincide with her gender reveal, she has really starting kicking and moving around a lot to make her presence even more known. It the joy of my day when I get to feel her. It's like a tiny glimpse of the happiness she will bring when she is actually OUTside the womb
  2. We decided on a nursery decorations and even ordered the baby bedding today (pictures to come later). Sneak preview: no real 'theme' just a mixture of fabrics and colors. Black and white damask, pale pink accents everywhere and black and white polka dots. No bright pink walls or anything like that. Her room will be an extension of our house for now and then we'll let her go crazy with whatever theme she wants once she gets older.
  3. If you thought Casey and I talked about our baby before, we just can't control ourselves now! Talk about proud mama and proud papa!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment