Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

May 17, 2012

It's a girl!


No more waiting :
Sonogram revealed It's a Girl!

Daddy is over the moon with joy. Mommy is scared to death. I know the scared part will pass, but if I wrote a letter to my daughter right now, here is what I would say :

Sweet Angel,

It was such fun getting to see you in the sonogram today!  You were sleeping with your hand behind your head like your daddy does sometimes. (so cute, by the way) Then we got to see you yawn and stretch and wake up. Quickly after, you were kicking and squirming big time. The sonographer said " She's a fiesty one" Music to a mother's ears. Daddy was busy counting all your fingers and toes. The TV was mounted on the wall and he was standing less than a foot from the screen, taking in every one of your little features. We can't believe how detailed you are already. What a spiritual experience!
As over the moon as we were to find out you were there and healthy, mommy immediatly starting panicking. What if I'm not a good role-model?
I've never been great at cooking - how will I be able to teach you?
I know you are going to get your sweet heartbroken multiple times and that breaks my heart already just to think about it.
I don't consider myself a "girly-girl", will that be ok for raising a little girl?
I cried big crocidile tears of worry when I thought about you not liking me when your a teenager... and the list goes on.

Maybe the fact of just seeing you today, made it that more "REAL" - but whatever it was, it just hit me:
What have I gotten myself into?  How will I ever live up to being a great mom for you. I have so many character flaws and sometimes just flat don't act like a lady. What kind of example will I be setting?

I know it's going to be fine because I have faith in God and His plan has led me here and His plans are all good. But please know when you get older, that I did not take your happiness lightly - infact from the second I found out about my little pink princess, I was concerned about being the best mom and friend that I could be to you. Man, I hope I don't mess it up.

All that being said, You'll be pleased to know that your dad has got it all under control already. He can't wait to take you to football games and says goodmorning and goodnight to you already. So have no fear : mommy may freak out like this sometimes but we've got a rock in dad. He'll keep us (and our hormones) in line. We'll just need to give him a break every once in a while and let him play x-box to rejuvinate his patience.

Little girl, the bottom line is this : We love you. We love thinking and talking about you. But we don't consider this a light task and we are commited to making your life the very best it can be. We can't wait for you to join our fun family.I think you'll like all of our silly time and jokes. I can't wait to show you all the things we love to do - there will never be a dull moment, I can assure you that!

Don't worry, I'll get my fears in check and by the time you are old enough to read this, I hope to be a smooth-sailing mommy. And if I'm not - you can just thank your lucky stars that you have your dad!

xoxo,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment