Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

August 9, 2013

Guilty as charged

New mommy guilt is a real thing. And it seems to be only increasing as Elise grows older. Thus, I guess it should just be called 'mommy guilt' no need to add the new. 
I've prayed out loud for God's help more in the last couple of weeks than I have as far back as I can remember. Things aren't stressful (not more than one would anticipate) its just there are ALOT of things to second guess yourself on when you are in charge of another human being. And when your life is so dramatically different. Also, I think the fact that you love someone soooooooo much, your heart is a little more tender and more open to self-critism. Whatever the reason, guilt is a surprising addition to the already large array of emotions thrown at you in motherhood.  Ok, just for laughs, lets go over my recent favorites: I feel guilty for being a working mother, I feel guilty when I think she is too hot or cold, I feel guilty that I make her wear bows everyday and she probably is annoyed by them, I feel guilty when I look at my phone when she is around, I feel guilty when she scratches herself bc her finger nails need to be cut, I feel guilty when all I want is a nap and she wants to play with me. I feel guilty when the TV is on, I feel guilty that I don't do more creative activities with her like those moms on Pinterest do...

Wow. 

Didn't think I could come up with that many of the top of my head, did ya? 

All this time I thought parents were up all night worrying, hmmmm maybe they just are up feeling guilty about all their parenting mistakes??

Or both???

Ahhhh, the joys of parenting 

0 comments:

Post a Comment