Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

July 25, 2012

Twenty Eight Weeks



Hello 3rd Trimester! Baby is the size of a Chinese Cabbage

Ok, I'm not that wild about this picture.When I envisioned doing these weekly pictures, I never thought I would stoop so low as to take one in workout clothes. These were supposed to be beautifully orchestrated pictures that made me look "barely" pregnant and always glowing : )  BUT It was Monday night, we were in the living room with pieces of the changing table all around us - just waiting to be assembled and we remembered it was Picture day! What's a girl to do? Hurry up, take the picture and get back to assembling baby furniture before her husband loses motivation! Thus, Week 28 is not mommy's most proud pic - but hey - the nursery now has all assembled furniture! Plus Elise might as well realize already that mommy is often in sweats and a t-shirt at home. We'll call this picture our "reality" pregnant photo.

So here we are in the 3rd trimester. What better way to start off the third trimester than with a baby shower!?!?!?!?

This Saturday we had our first baby shower. Talk about a surreal moment!  I was getting dressed in my bathroom with my sister and I just couldn't believe we were actually getting ready for my BABY shower. Weren't we just getting my wedding dress on a few weeks ago? Sheesh - time flies when you are having fun!
Our fabulous friends put on a "shower" that was different from what you usually think about as a baby shower.And I should really use that phrase lightly. It was mostly college and local friends with a few of our closest couple friends. There was beer, BOYS came, and the food was heavy and delicious. Nothing like what you usually think about when you hear the words "baby shower". AND WE LOVED IT!

I picked some of my favorite pictures to re-cap the event :


Although delicious tacos and Mexican food was our main meal, we still got indulge with some pink cupcakes and lemonade!
Check it out! Boys at a baby shower!!
Our beautiful hosts



Plenty of pink and clothes to see for miles and miles

The mastermind behind it all. My bfffffffff Crystal
The Varner girls made a special trip in, so sweet
Parents to be and the Grandparents

0 comments:

Post a Comment