Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

January 5, 2012

Two Thousand and Twelve

From the desk of Kristi Jean Zimmerman

Happy 2012! Here's a quick re-cap of what we've been up to lately:

New Years Eve was great and we kept it pretty in control. I'm guess when you get past 25, most of your New Year Celebrations will be "in control". Long gone are the days that our bodies can stay out until 4am celebrating. OK, Let's be real - for me those days never really existed. But you get the point.
To start off the evening we went to a friends house for heavy  hors d'oeuvres and some Catch Phrase. (Another sign of aging - including board games as your 'pre-party') Then we loaded up and went to Northgate to countdown to 2012. I love the festivities of New Years - the glitter, the guys dressed up, the streamers and hats. It's a good way to "come down" off of Christmas.

Five, Four, Three, Two, One!

Now here we are. Five days in and so far, so good.  : )

As a bonus, both of our banks let us off for Monday, the 2nd. I'll start my year off with a 3-day weekend anytime! On a sad note, we did take the Christmas decorations down. On a happy note, we did manage to fit the fake tree back in its original box. Success!

So here's the real reason I'm writing this post. In order to keep myself honest, I'm telling everyone my New Year's Resolution. I'm not sure if I like accountability, but I'll give it a try. So here it is:

Kristi's New Year Resolution:
Read through the entire Bible.

It just seems ridiculous that I haven't done that yet. Don't know if you've heard but there is some tasty nuggets of knowledge in there. And I plan to eat them all! (Figuratively, of course)

If I can tear through 4 books of Twilight without blinking an eye, I can read the instruction manual that God left for us, right?

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment