Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

September 5, 2013

What a working mom looks like

In our house, a working mom: 
Hasn't gotten her hair cut in over 6 months because...well... I guess it just hasn't made it to the top of the list yet. 

Spends her lunch breaks doing laundry, grocery shopping and stocking the toy chest so that she can give her full attention to baby in the evenings

Cleans her floor for different reasons. Not so company will compliment her mad housekeeping skills, but so her daughter can crawl anywhere she wants without rolling in dog hair

Goes running BEFORE work because this baby fat ain't coming off on its own and there's too much fun to be had in the evenings to consider working out then

Takes help from her parents! My mom has cooked 3 meals a week for us since they moved here. I'm not ashamed- I'm proud!! My poor husband would have been eating sandwiches this whole time had it not been from our helpers! 

In our house, a working mom: 
Is secretly happy breast feeding is over-Pumping in a closet at work can really get old!! 

Has amped up her prayer life to a new level- I like to think I have my own personal 'angel fleet' watching over Elise all day and night. The chief angels? My grandmother and Casey's nanny.

Has learned to squeeze 'date night' in with the hubby in just 2 hours after baby girl is asleep. No roses and movies needed. Just laughter and cuddling makes the parenting world go round.

Is still figuring out how to balance all aspects of life. Props to moms with multiple kids! Wife,mom, employee... Sheesh! There's a lot to do.

Realizes parenting is the toughest job you'll ever love


0 comments:

Post a Comment