Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

October 6, 2012

Thirty Nine Weeks

Tired of picking outfits so I just wore the dress I got for my shower. Fits a little different now!! I'm standing in front of a wreath that my very creative friend, Kelly made for one of our shower gifts. This will be the wreath we put on the hospital room door and then on the door at our house once we get home. Instead of putting a stork in the yard or something, we'll just have a super cute wreath on the door letting our guests know they are at the right house to meet little Miss Elise!
Sticker on the belly says "Ready or not, here I come!" Expression on the face says "Let's get this over with!"
 
 
Well here we are. At the end of the road. We are going in to be induced on Sunday night (October 7th) if Elise hasn't made her way out yet. This would put her birthday on October 8th which was our due date from the very beginning. Kinda neat. The plan is to go in Sunday night, stay at the hospital over night as they "prime" my uterus overnight. If my water hasn't broken by morning, my doctor will be there at 8:00am to break my water. Does that sound painful to anyone else? Do they have to use the word "break"? They should call it something magical like "pop my blessing bag holding my sweet baby"... or something like that...
 
There are no words for this time. I know I will be able to articulate it better once we've been through it but as for now, there are no words that seem appropriate. For all the mom's out there that have been through this, I know you are just grinning with your "knowing" smile and perhaps chuckling at my novice-ness. For all my friends who have never been through this before, I'm sure you are reading this hoping I will give some insight into this crazy experience... but you are out of luck. I'm just as lost as you are. I feel like there are not enough braincells in my head to possibly comprehend what's about to happen. Or maybe my brain is protecting me from going into shock by not allowing me to really "get it"
 
So there is a lot that we DON'T know right now. But here is what I do know:
  1. We are ready to meet Miss Elise
  2. We trust in God
  3. We have prayers and support galore pouring in to Jesus' Inbox on our behalf
  4. I can't be pregnant forever 
All those things combined tells me we are going to be fine. So for now, I'll distract myself with more nesting and other remedial tasks.
The next update we give will be introducing our daughter. Whoop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment